The pan comes pre-seasoned and is perfect for cooking in the oven and also for cooking steaks, chicken, vegetables, bacon, eggs etc on the top of the flame using our bbq grills. It just needs a little seasoning of oil before use. We recommend rapeseed oil for seasoning because of it’s high smoke point and very low smoke output. (as well as it’s many health benefits).
Our Cast Iron Griddle Features
- slightly raised edges to keep oil, batter and other ingredients neatly contained during cooking
- Griddle is also perfect for preparing big breakfasts, tortillas, roasted vegetables and grilled sandwiches
- Seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil
- Pre-seasoned at foundry for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Unparalleled distribution and retention of heat ensures rapid and efficient cooking
- Suitable for use on induction, ceramic, electric and gas cooktops, as well as in the oven, on the stove, in the grill and on barbecues/campfires
- Extremely versatile – can be used to sear, fry, sauté, grill, roast, bake, braise and broil (both indoors or out)
- Compatible with metal, wood and silicone utensils
- Clean via hand washing (cast iron is sterile at 212 degrees Fahrenheit/100 degrees Celsius, so detergents are optional)
- Brutally tough – can last for over 100 years if care and use instructions (included with item) are followed. Lifetime guarantee!